Function of Beauty is a website that allows you to customize your shampoo & conditioner through many aspects, to fit the needs of your hair and your personality. You start the customization process by taking a short hair quiz, which determines what your hair type and goals are. You can then order your custom hair products straight to your door, as frequently as you like, which is super convenient.
What Can I Customize?
- Hair Profile:
- Choose from straight, wavy, curly or oily hair types
- Choose from fine, medium or coarse hair structure
- Choose from dry, normal or oily scalp moisture
- Hair Goals:
- Choose 5 main hair goals from: deep condition, replenish hair, fix split ends, strengthen, hydrate, lengthen, volumize, colour protection, thermal protection, anti-aging, anti-frizz, curl definition, shine, straighten, nourish roots, sooth scalp, oil control, reduce brassiness (so many options!)
- Formula Preference (the fun part…):
- Choose a name for your formula (function—of “insert your name here”)
- Choose a colour for your shampoo and conditioner
- Choose a fragrance (current options include nude (p)each, (pear)fection, (fl)ower to the people, feeling (f)ineapple, all(you)calyptus or fragrance-free)
- Choose a fragrance strength (light, medium, strong)
- Size & Frequency:
- Choose from combos of either 16 oz or 8 oz shampoo and conditioners (you can also get just shampoo or just conditioner individually)
- Choose to have your hair products delivered every month, every 3 months, every 6 months or one time only
- Products are:
- Cruelty Free
- Made in the USA
- Paraben Free
- Sulfate Free
- My Final Cost: $63.48 CAD for 2x 16 oz bottles
- Each bottle comes with a pump
What Do I Think?
I think that this such a creative & fun product. When my package arrived I was so excited to see the beautifully coloured shampoo & conditioner I had created. The personalization of having your name on each bottle is such a nice touch. After using the shampoo for the first couple of times, I noticed improvement mostly in the strength and shine of my hair (2 of my hair goals). My hair feels healthier overall and is just easier to work with. I ended up choosing the nude (p)each scent which smells amazing! The only thing is that I chose medium strength for the scent and it was slightly stronger than I had expected. I think the price point is appropriate for the amount and quality of product that you get, especially since everything is custom. The texture of my shampoo is like a thick liquid (almost like syrup) and the conditioner is creamy. (This may vary depending on what you choose, I’m not sure). I also appreciate that the company is frequently adding new options (like the limited edition black colour currently available, the (psst)achio scent that was available for national pistachio day, and the new leave-in treatment). Overall, I would recommend this product and I will be re-purchasing.
If you are interested in purchasing from Function of Beauty, I will leave my referral link here: https://5c75aa8feca67.functionofbeauty.com. Purchasing through that link for the first 5 people will give you and me $5 off. So, thank you to anyone who decides to do this.